Every business owner wants to have a successful website, that is no secret. However, not everyone knows how to achieve that. The internet is plagued by quick tricks and hacks to improve your online presence, but the answer is much simpler. Our professional advice is to just stick to CRO.
If you don’t know what CRO (Conversion Rate Optimization) is, don’t worry. Most business owners don’t, but this acronym is pretty simple:
CRO refers to the practice of optimizing your website in order to increase the rate of users performing a specific desired action, such as booking a consultation, subscribing to an email list or calling you. In layman’s terms, CRO is all about making your website more likely to convert. This means finding specific ways to increase the percentage of users that execute a desired action on your website.
Another way to understand CRO is to look at it from a user perspective. Focus on what drives, encourages, discourages, motivates your users, that way you will understand how to build the best user experience possible. If you succeed, your users will convert, ultimately improving your conversion rate.
Conversion rate optimization examples
Some examples of CRO in action are doing things like placing your phone number somewhere more visible or having easy to find buttons that will guide the user toward booking a consultation. You need to have a clear action you want your site visitors to take and an easy way for them to do it.
As a result, your website should be built in such a way that the user is guided toward your goal throughout their process
While this all sounds obvious and simple, it can be hard for local business to see how they can apply it, especially if they are not very technical. While some large corporations spend tons of money split testing different website designs, content, colours and every other element, this is not practical for most local businesses.
Our team at Nomadic Advertising has done this legwork for you and experimented with many different website designs and common conversion tactics. Below you will find the most impactful things we do on most local business websites:
1. Include a click to call button on mobile for users to easily call without having to manually dial your number.
2. Make sure to have a ‘call to action’ in view when the user first loads the website. This could be a button to book an appointment or simply a reminder to call for a consultation.
3. Have a plan for how users will navigate your website. Make sure any informational pages you send them to will ultimately lead them to not just read online but contact you.
4. Include a clear ‘call to action’ at the top and bottom of most pages. If the page is long you should include one in the middle as well.
5. Put any reviews, testimonials or evidence of your quality work on your website.
6. Instead of using stock images, try to use photos of you and your staff whenever possible, as well as your equipment or shop, depending on what your business does. People trust real photos more than just stock imagery.
7. If you have won any awards or have any community participation make sure to highlight those on your website.
8. Add a social media feed onto your website so users can see you have a social presence. This will help to build trust, especially if you have engagement on your page from existing customers.
These tips are just some of the tactics we employ to make it easier for users to want to engage with your company, and not only on the internet. Our goal is to show the user that your company is the solution they are looking for, and your website is the tool you need to help build that trust along the way.
If you don’t have a website, or don’t know how to make these kind of changes to your site, our team will be glad to lend you a hand. We have helped many businesses do exactly this, with very real and impactful results, and we can help you too. Contact us if you would live to know more, or book an appoint with us for a free consultation. There is much and more we can do for you and your business, you are only a click away from finding out the true potential of your brand. Let us show you the way.